View Single Post
Old 12-22-2012, 01:16 PM   #4
Alex323Ci

My Ride: M3 & 323Ci (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPeo90 View Post
I will do, although I can hear the motor turning as they are trying to fold.

Callam
Oh no that's not good. My first impression hearing this is the gears on the motors are stripped. But that happens mostly on the autofold motors. It should not do it to the mirror glass motors at the same time. And you said the glass doesn't adjust and no reverse dip either. Strange all at once yet you can hear the motors trying.
The other more common issue is the motors are frozen inside from ice, you can try to heat them up with a heat gun/hair dryer to see if there is an obstruction.

It sounds like your autofold is programmed to the lock/unlock option. But you should still have the button on the mirror switch. I have heard some get out of sync with the lock/unlock and have to be reset. either from the manual autofold button or unplugging the connectors and plugging back in.