View Single Post
Old 12-22-2012, 04:08 PM   #1264
zaharias

My Ride: Now has a 3lt :P
Thumbs Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac_2007 View Post
1) This is overall just a bad idea. Why would you remove your cats to get headers, and then add cats again? You will have practically no benefit to spending what's probably going to be $500 (this is if you do the installation yourself, if not, add another $3-400)

2) If you don't want to run catless and don't want a CEL, enjoy your car as is. Again, I'm seeing no point to what you want to do.

3) Bimmerbrake headers are the same cost as the eBay headers, and they come from a vendor here. Tradernas is a greedy SOB who noticed the demand and shot up his price from what used to be around $60.

4) There have been at least 3 different methods mentioned in this thread alone for eliminating the CEL with no cats.

5) Those SS cats don't have the sensor bung IN the cat itself. Putting the post-cat O2 sensor anywhere downstream of the cat is fine.
Thank you for your time & reply mate.

Future plans may be f/i or going ///M.. for now i want to improve my exhaust sound and get the most of my exhaust with the less possible money..
I want to be enviroment friendly and i also hate that bad smell (catless) that's why i want to do headers with 200 cell metal cats.. But before buying stuff, i want to see what problems i will face.. cause i don't want trouble with CEL.. and i want to pass emissions..

There is benefit.. with aftermarket headers & cats compared to oem.. i can understand that catless gives more gains.. but i don't want that..
I believe aftermarket headers have better flow than oem.. and oem cats are 300-400 cell.. with 2 200 cell metal cats (like supersprint does) i believe i will have some gains, pass emissions and be enviroment friendly..

I will check Bimmerbrake headers also..
Iam from Greece.. i have 2-3 friends that bought from trader nas and were very satisfied..