View Single Post
Old 12-22-2012, 04:44 PM   #1266
ac_2007

My Ride: 2004 M3, 2001 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaharias View Post
Thank you for your time & reply mate.

Future plans may be f/i or going ///M.. for now i want to improve my exhaust sound and get the most of my exhaust with the less possible money..
I want to be enviroment friendly and i also hate that bad smell (catless) that's why i want to do headers with 200 cell metal cats.. But before buying stuff, i want to see what problems i will face.. cause i don't want trouble with CEL.. and i want to pass emissions..

There is benefit.. with aftermarket headers & cats compared to oem.. i can understand that catless gives more gains.. but i don't want that..
I believe aftermarket headers have better flow than oem.. and oem cats are 300-400 cell.. with 2 200 cell metal cats (like supersprint does) i believe i will have some gains, pass emissions and be enviroment friendly..

I will check Bimmerbrake headers also..
Iam from Greece.. i have 2-3 friends that bought from trader nas and were very satisfied..
There is no benefit to what you're doing. Put that money to better use and save for your M/forced induction.

If you're going for an exhaust note, there are literally dozens of different muffler/axleback/catback exhaust options.

Going by internet/North American market prices:
- OEM Catback & Block Gaskets = $90
- Copper head nuts = $30
- Headers = $300
- 2 High-flow cats = $200
- Cutting & welding of cats = $100 (at least, stainless welding is more expensive)
------------------------------------
Total : ~$750, not including VAT or installation.

Best case scenario, you will gain 6-8hp, which you will never be able to feel. It takes at least a 10% overall increase in a car's power to be noticeable. For this cost, you might as well get coilovers, a proper dyno tune (even cheaper & more power), or purchase a shark-injector.

Mark my words, you will regret the decision to go ahead with this project, should you choose to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wickedly View Post
ac can you lead me to where the 3 methods to eliminate the CEL light please?
We've discussed them via PM, where I provided links to my contributions, and they are mentioned in this thread.

- EU2 tune
- O2 Sims
- Custom AA/3rd party tune
- Non-foulers (don't work)
ac_2007 is offline   Reply With Quote