View Single Post
Old 12-24-2012, 02:24 PM   #36
MDydinanM

My Ride: is a ///M
Quote:
Originally Posted by tock172 View Post
It is truly stunning to me how ignorant and naive people can be when presented with the truth. You all need to get over yourselves. Your imagined self importance is truly repulsive.
so you're a Drone warfare expert now from reading an article? And what imagined self importance? The hypocrite here I see is you, calling us ignorant and naive.

so lets talk Drone warfare:

In all wars, there is collateral damage. However, that doesn't make it right. That said, the Drone is actually a great tool in reducing collateral damage b/c of its precision.

Figures in 2012 show that there has been approx 2% in civilian deaths. The total, since 2004, has been between 14-17%. That is quite low when compared to WWII and Vietnam when carpet bombing was used.

http://counterterrorism.newamerica.net/drones

Additionally, Drone use is quite efficient. Not only does it reduce collateral damage, it allows access to remote areas that are inaccessible and/or would cost significant amounts in resources and human life to go after targets.

Also, there are inconsistencies in reported civilian deaths. Where the "civilians" where not civilians at all, but Taliban. But I guess a man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.

Last edited by MDydinanM; 12-24-2012 at 02:36 PM.
MDydinanM is offline   Reply With Quote