View Single Post
Old 12-24-2012, 02:48 PM   #25
trj

My Ride: 325Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by tock172 View Post
WTF are you talking about?

I have absolutely no desire to cut or even dissemble my center console area. I installed mine exactly where the BMW instructions state to do so. I then ran an aux cord from the glovebox and wound it around my shifter. I did this for years and I have never had a single issue. I specifically installed mine in the glovebox because I knew I was going to get the DICE Bluetooth Mediabridge. I almost never use my aux port anymore and it's out of site and out of mind, but still there if I need it.
+1

Glovebox is the best place if you dont want the wires hanging around.

I have mine aux-in in the glovebox, along with USB charging port. With a iphone dock cable that separates to a USB and 3.5mm male jack, I have only one cable coming out of the glovebox when in use. Else the cable sits inside the glovebox.
Also I can put my ipod on shuffle and throw it inside the glovebox while it charges and plays at the same time.

I can use aux and USB charger separately for two different devices or together with similar cable for any other phone or device.

I placed aux-in port inside the sunglass holder first. But the location was such a PITA to connect and disconnect the cable. Plus I use the sunglass holder for my glasses, there is no place for the cable.

I use my iPhone as my GPS too, so I use vent mount for the same purpose. I dont want cables coming across from my arm rest to the center vent or from the sunglass holder to the center vent. With the glovebox setup, the wire comes from the glovebox to the device and will stay in the glovebox when not in use. Even when in use, the wire is not obstructing any buttons on the center console, unlike running it from the sunglass holder to vent mount where it just comes infront of the radio and HVAC controls.

PS: Now I have to find a similar cable for iPhone 5, I dont want to run two cables for aux and USB charging from the glovebox. The lightning adapter is a bit too expensive for the purpose.

Last edited by trj; 12-24-2012 at 02:50 PM.
trj is offline   Reply With Quote