View Single Post
Old 12-24-2012, 03:13 PM   #29
trj

My Ride: 325Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by tock172 View Post
Whatever, most of what you post is garbage and not worth reading.

Ah, another logical person. I must confess, I do not like unnecessary wires in the cabin of my car. My Valentine 1 is hardwired with minimal cord showing and the cables I have for my iPhone 5 and iPad are stowed neatly in the glovebox unless being used, right next to my aux cable. My disdain for wires in the cockpit is so great that I opted for the slightly decreased sound quality of bluetooth audio streaming. I absolutely love getting in my car and not having to take my phone out of my pocket at all. I have full control from the steering wheel and it connects instantly.

I purchased a knockoff lightning connector from amazon for my iPhone as a spare to keep in my car. I'm not too happy with it. It only charges the phone when plugged in one way and to get it to work with my flush USB adapter I need to plug it in and unplug it several times. The other day it arched when I unplugged it from my phone
+1. I hate mesh of wires.

Yah, knock off adapters do not transmit audio through the 30 pin as well. And the apple adapter is ridiculously priced at $30. I might have to buy that anyway.
I need to mount the phone for GPS purpose, so I have to have the cable to charge the phone. Bluetooth is out of question, as it will only drain the battery quicker.

I have another wire for GPS or mini USB tucked behind the panels with the connection coming right out above the vent on the driver's side. The wire travels beneath the driver's kick panels, behind the radio console to the fuse box. This will be useful if I need to run a standalone GPS unit.

If I ever get a radar detector, its going to be hardwired at the rearview mirror.

I love wires and playing with them, but I hate it when they come in between wherever I am reaching.
Also, I want my cigarette lighter free as I smoke.