View Single Post
Old 12-25-2012, 11:31 PM   #22
Bmill160

My Ride: 2001 M3 Vert
Hopefully I'm not stepping out of bounds here... I had a similar feeling in my 1->2 and 2->3 shifts. I would pull out of first, down to neutral then back over and down to second (probably to the same effect as your holding the clutch for two seconds.) Turns out, by chance, i eliminated the "clipping" i was feeling by a.) Better rev matching instead of just coming off the acc. And b.) Getting up above 3000 rpm in those two gears.

I don't mean floor it, its still daily driving but i hold out longer before up shifting. I have a two month old clutch, fly wheel and the feeling was there in my other m, now this one both pre and post clutch change. But my shifting technique had changed and its almost not noticeable.

As far as the clunk, ive heard both sides of the story... Normal for an M, and.. Uh oh.. So I'm no help, sorry!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Bimmer App
///M3 VERT, COLD AIR INTAKE, CF FRONT SPLITTERS, HALO PROJECTORS WITH CLEAR CORNERS, 15MMFx12MMR SPACERS, FRONT STRUT BRACE, ROGUE ENGINEERING POWER PULLEY KIT, BLACKED OUT KIDNEY / SIDE GRILLS, SILICONE INTAKE BOOT, ///M-STITCH SHIFT BOOT / HANDBRAKE BOOT, MEGAN RACE EXHAUST, ZHP SHIFT KNOB
Bmill160 is offline   Reply With Quote