View Single Post
Old 12-26-2012, 05:55 AM   #1
Ballistic325

My Ride: slow and steady
Exclamation SE Qld - need your help!

Guys

as many would know I've made a trip up to Surfers with the family for a holiday. All well so far until I ran into some trouble today...

It looks like my alternator or voltage regulator is on the way out. The battery is only 2 months old and I don't believe the symptoms relate to a faulty battery.

ABS / DSC lights flashing for no reason (stand still on Cavill Ave), headlights dimming and coming back, car almost stalling for no reason, radio and instrument cluster going all haywire..... and me freaking out.

I managed to keep it in neutral and revs up whilst waiting for traffic to move which seemed enough to keep the charge up. Made it back to the hotel at Broadbeach where the unruly beast is sitting in the garage.

I realise that this is the holiday period and I'm in deep need to get this sorted ASAP. Scheduled to drive back on Saturday and obviously holiday plans are on hold to get this fixed.

Can anyone recommend a BMW tech / workshop in the area? Anywhere I can get an alternator repaired or replaced?

Alternatively, if there is a place to get parts and someone's tools and garage I can borrow, I would be very appreciative.

Thanks guys

I can help with
* Reading Codes / Coding your car
* R&R FCAs, Tie Rods, Sway links....
* RTABs

Need an RTAB tool? Or clutch fan and water pump tools? PM me.

Last edited by Ballistic325; 12-26-2012 at 06:16 AM.
Ballistic325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.