View Single Post
Old 12-26-2012, 05:03 PM   #22
Raymond42262

My Ride: Is German
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhumb View Post
Regardless of the myopic focus on Solyndra, which did fail for various reasons, it was only a small fraction of the overall ARRA spending (never mind the infintismal amounts also brought up). No Wall Street investment firm bats anywhere near 100% either, so perhaps Solyndra's failure is better looked at in perspective of the overall ARRA success/failure rates. Given that orders of magnitude more massive trillion-dollar failures of Wall Street throughout 2007-09, perhaps a bit more modest tone might be due in accessing ARRA.

I'm certainly not about to defend every dollar of Federal Spending, but trying to tout small individual failures as somehow endemic or representative of all federal spending simply through analogy is itself a weak argument.
I am not really faulting Solyndra for failing. The solar panel business is very competitive and the technology changes faster than computers. What bothers me is that no one has bothered to investigate how the money was spent, and whether they would have gone bust without it. I would also like to know if there were any connections between Solyndra management and the Obama administration.

I would also like to know why the polling company has never been investigated as to why and how a polling company could be given 3m to hire 3 people and how that was suppose to stimulate the economy. I would also like to know how many other polling companies got money. My guess is none.

But if your / our Attorney General is not investigate for gun running and manslaughter and our secretary of state is allowed to run and hide from a congressional investigation, political cronyism will never be investigated.