View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 02:46 PM   #50
NFRs2000nyc

My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJon View Post
I figured you guys would be surprised. Training kids to smoke is not "freedom or liberty" to me.

Target marketing a deadly, addictive poison towards children is completely different than water or cap guns. For the record, I don't 100% agree with toy guns either. I think some of them are fine and depending on HOW kids play with them matters. Playing "cowboy" or super soakers is completely different than "I'm GOING TO KILL YOU! Bang bang! You're DEAD!!!" is not child play that I approve of or will allow around me or my kids. Would you support the sale of toys called "Serial killer" or an action figure "hero" of Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold. How about an "easy bake oven" type toy called "Meth Lab!"?

PS: I'm pro choice too AND support the legalization of weed (mind blown)
Thats your problem right there. You cannot have this argument then get defensive when someone "to me's" their feelings on guns or airport security. For some, losing that little bit of freedom is worth it. Target marketing has always been here. Sugar kills more kids than cigs, but yet it's all good. Bubble gum is legal. AR15s are legal. A shopkeep has the right to sell whatever legal substance he wants and it is YOUR responsibility as the parent to buy/not buy them whatever you see fit, not the governments. Just like those idiots that cried Joe Camel was teaching kids to smoke, Ronald Mcdonald was teaching kids to eat crap by giving them toys, all the while, the parental responsibility was basically reduced to zero. I hate alcohol. You know what business I am in. I see people become disgusting, dangerous, etc. If I was in power, I would make public intoxication a federal offense with a 15 year term...but thats ME. I can't stand it. I hate people that get drunk. I don't drink at all. However, I am not going to take the right of a shopkeep to sell it.