View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 01:52 PM   #51
JonJon
Tinfoilhatatarian

My Ride: .
Send a message via AIM to JonJon
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
Thats your problem right there. You cannot have this argument then get defensive when someone "to me's" their feelings on guns or airport security.
Of course I can... I'm a voter. I can certainly form my own opinions, consult with my represenatives, assist with lobby, exposure and pushing legislation I feel strongly about. Of course I can also argue, debate and get defensive all I want. Do you live in the same country as me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
Target marketing has always been here. Sugar kills more kids than cigs, but yet it's all good. Bubble gum is legal. AR15s are legal. A shopkeep has the right to sell whatever legal substance he wants and it is YOUR responsibility as the parent to buy/not buy them whatever you see fit, not the governments. Just like those idiots that cried Joe Camel was teaching kids to smoke, Ronald Mcdonald was teaching kids to eat crap by giving them toys, all the while, the parental responsibility was basically reduced to zero. I hate alcohol. You know what business I am in. I see people become disgusting, dangerous, etc. If I was in power, I would make public intoxication a federal offense with a 15 year term...but thats ME. I can't stand it. I hate people that get drunk. I don't drink at all. However, I am not going to take the right of a shopkeep to sell it.
AR15's, cigarettes and alcohol are illegal for those under age (18 or 21).
Marketing these items to kids under the age of 4 is just wrong.

Food we consume (LEGAL for all ages) is of course the parents responsibility to oversee. You are comparing sugar to guns for a 3 year old? Really?

Joe Camel was teaching kids to smoke... hence why you haven't see a cigarette commercial on TV in decades. Imagine a Marlboro commercial being played at 1pm on the Sprout channel in between Barney and Spongebob. Marketing a cig commercial at a primetime TV hour, on a childrens channel during cartoons is the same thing as marketing candy cigs as a candy for kids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
I agree with JonJon.

Last edited by JonJon; 12-27-2012 at 01:55 PM.
JonJon is offline   Reply With Quote