View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 02:55 PM   #55
ThEnder

My Ride: has twin turbos
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJon View Post
I figured you guys would be surprised. Training kids to smoke is not "freedom or liberty" to me.

Target marketing a deadly, addictive poison towards children is completely different than water or cap guns. For the record, I don't 100% agree with toy guns either. I think some of them are fine and depending on HOW kids play with them matters. Playing "cowboy" or super soakers is completely different than "I'm GOING TO KILL YOU! Bang bang! You're DEAD!!!" is not child play that I approve of or will allow around me or my kids. Would you support the sale of toys called "Serial killer" or an action figure "hero" of Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold. How about an "easy bake oven" type toy called "Meth Lab!"?

PS: I'm pro choice too AND support the legalization of weed (mind blown)
This makes solid sense. Honestly I've never seen a candy cigarette so I don't have much to go on. While I'm generally against blanket bans, your argument is pretty convincing.

Toy guns are particularly interesting, I think you really hit the nail on the head. It's not really the object that matters most of the time, but the context in which it is marketed and used.

PS, not surprised but agreed on both other positions.