View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 01:10 PM   #1
K.P.

My Ride: 330i
Brembo Cross Drilled Rotor Orientation

I recently purchased a set of front and rear Brembo Cross Drilled brake rotors to replace the OEM's for the front and rear of my 2002 BMW 330i. The instructions say to orient the rotors direction if the internal vanes are curved. My front rotor vanes are straight so it ended up with the drilled holes appearing in opposite directions on the left and right...no biggie. The rear rotors however have curved vanes yet both rotors are the same. So one side would have the vanes rotating in reverse of what the directions say. I contacted the company that sold me the rotors and they say it doesn't matter and I should ignore Brembos instructions. The Brembo website is no help at all and there is no contact information for technical support or customer support of any kind. I will not be doing any racing with this car, I just wanted a little more street braking performance if that matters for the vane orientation. Any help would be appreciated.

Of course the car is up on stands in my garage, the front rotors are on, and I'm trying to complete the rears today.
K.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.