View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 01:27 PM   #62
RayPooley

My Ride: 320i SE Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkeiS2K View Post
Yes I am a student still that is why lol. I am doing part-time work with MS .NET MVC 3 and coding in C# just like yourself. My current project involves fixing bugs for their existing web applications. Before that I worked on converting one of their web apps to work with touch-screen mobile devices, specifically iPads but I wanted to safeguard for all touch devices since they are heading that direction anyways. I am just using this as an "internship" until I find full-time work somewhere else post-graduation.
Ok. I get it now. Word of advise. Don't put all your faith in MVC or even MS for that matter. If all you do is spoon feed on MS and .Net you will never undestand the fundamentals of software development. I always refer to .Net as the .Net lego set. Its little blocks of code that you assemble in accordance with the instructions on the lid. You really need to be aiming for platform independance. When you can build an application end to end with nothing more than a text editor and a compiler then you will be a software developer. As your software career develops in the commercial world you will find that you start to come across more complex requirements that can't be delivered by plugging .Net framework blocks together. You will need to be capable of designing more and more of your own custom classes in order to deliver the solution.
RayPooley is offline   Reply With Quote