View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 01:47 PM   #27
Mroadster2vegas

My Ride: 2000 BMW M Roadster
Quote:
Originally Posted by A4RingedONE8T View Post
It will blow up. I'm not sure honestly how you even got that to work in your Miata, especially if you were tuning for 14.7, must have been making no power otherwise it would have blown up. No forced induction tune will ever target 14.7 unless it's at idle or cruise. 14.7 in boost, making any worthwhile power, it's gonna blow up, without a doubt.
Hmmm. That's weird. When I had the 14.7 vortec fmu I was getting 285hp @ 6500 rpm running 16 lbs of boost on the dyno. And the early model Miata 1.6l engines were the same ones out of the factory turbo 323 gtx, except no turbo. Only problem i ever had was i/c piping hoses popping off lol. Weird. BMWs are a whole new ballgame for me so youre the guru in this case. What do you target your a/f at? Much richer?

And are you saying something like a vortec fmu setup and bigger injectors, no computer work would not work at all or that the fmu would need to be setup to give a different a/f ratio?
Guide me! It's like trying to turbo charge my laptop!

Last edited by Mroadster2vegas; 12-28-2012 at 01:59 PM. Reason: Missed something again.
Mroadster2vegas is offline   Reply With Quote