View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 01:53 PM   #29
JiMMyM3

My Ride: e46 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by E46inthe206 View Post
No you're right, I'm not doubting your words or anything lol.
I'll look some info up on the ls1.
But still.. the 2JZ's internals was built to hand 250% of its stock power.
How much power can the LS handle before you have to rebuild the internals?
Although the LS maybe be considered more reliable because they're N/A, I'd personally rather have a nice turbo bolted on.
I also think the 2JZ or even the SR if modded heavily, sound better than an N/A LS.

If the LS swap could be that powerful and could be that cheap, I'm sure everyone would be doing it... I see more SR20's, JZ's, and RB25's being built.
I'm not saying 2JZ or go home, but it is one of the best motors out there, regardless of how old it is. Why do you think most people would kill for a Supra?
I'm not saying a 2jz is a bad motor. In fact its a very good power plant. What I'm saying is that lsx are very common transplants into a variety of cars, not just bmw. The engines can readily be found in junk yards from crashed camaros, gto, corvettes. I have seen people push 700hp (with fi) on stock ls1, which are first generation 5.7s. If you go ls2 (6.0- 7.1 ls7) and above you start at 400hp/400tq (505 on ls7) and can easily get to 600 with bolt ons and a tune, while the stock cranks are good for above 1000hp. Also when you go to rebuild the engine, parts would cost less on an lsx.
As for the supra, it is an iconic tuner car with a great engine and styling, but if you want a super car a corvette is a much better option. Also, there are countless examples of 1000+hp lsx around, and other than a Ferrari there is no better sound than a straight piped American v8 screaming down the road.

Last edited by JiMMyM3; 12-28-2012 at 01:58 PM.
JiMMyM3 is offline   Reply With Quote