View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 08:46 AM   #3
Zchild

My Ride: 2000 BMW 3XXi ZSP
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthlessone3k View Post
I have a simple question about checking fluid level for the GM automatic trans. As most of you know there is no dip-stick for checking the fluid level. You have to check it at the fill plug underneath the car. I keep hearing that it needs to be setting level to be checked which seems rather obvious. But the I look and realize that the chassis and the base of the trans are setting at different angles. So which needs to be setting level? or the trans? I've seen it done on youtube where the mechanic checked the level along the lip of the trans fluid pan where it meets the trans housing. Others were less descriptive and just said it needs to be level and seemed to be refering to the chassis. Just want to make sure I'm doing it right.

Thanks
Out of sheer curiosity how many miles on the bimmer? I change both the transmission fluid in my manual and automatic every 60k whether they need it or not and have never checked the levels in the interim with great success. Just my two and a half cents worth...
NCC High Performance Driving School Back-Up Registrar
NCC Auto-X BOD Liaison
DIY Senior Committee Coordinator
2006 E90 325Xi & 2000 E46 3XXi
" Vision without resources is just hallucination"
Zchild is offline   Reply With Quote