View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 10:32 AM   #11
RayPooley

My Ride: 320i SE Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScouseYank View Post
Ok, so bought i used bmw and have had a few issues of which a quick search on here has found the right fixes, one thing i have searched for and cant really geta clear answer for is that when i start the car, there is a yellow brake light on as well as the triangle with the ! with a circle, all the searching has done nothing as i could not find anyone else with the same problem,

any help would be great,

Thanks
Like this? This indicates that the DSC is switched off. Normally on by default and you need to hold the DSC button down fro three seconds to switch it off. If these lights are on by default may indicate dirty wheel speed sensors or faulty ones, a malfunctioning steering position sensor and so forth. Start with cleaning wheel sensors. That's a cheap and easy place to start. Take a look at the attached PDF for more info on the components involved. Also press your DSC button see if the go out and then come back on again. I should also say that this happened a month or so ago when I had a faulty crank position sensor which caused my car to stall momentarilly while on the move. These lights came on and stayed on until I switched of the ignition. The lights don't mean that you can't drive the car by the way.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0174.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	102.4 KB
ID:	483991  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf DSC part 1.pdf (979.6 KB, 92 views)

Last edited by RayPooley; 12-30-2012 at 10:50 AM.
RayPooley is offline   Reply With Quote