View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 06:51 AM   #149
widebody350

My Ride: 350Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by USCTrojanMan29 View Post
I'll probably only have time to do about 5-7 track days a year so I'm definitely not strictly looking for a track car (if I did, I'd go in a completely different direction). I'll definitely drive the car more around town on the weekends and after I get back from work.
The GTR has more room inside, with larger seats than the Porsche GT3 and will likely be a better DD. If you have to deal with a lot of traffic the DCT in the GTR may also be the better option than the manual only Porsche GT3.

I didn't read through all of this thread, but look into a 997 Porsche Turbo which is around $75-80k IIRC. This car would be a bit better than the GT3 as far as DD goes and is obviously a Porsche which is going to be better build quality, be more recognizable, respectable and panty dropper. If you raise your budget you can also look into the Turbo PDK if you are worried about traffic.

Everyone has their limit of what they are willing to put up with as a DD. some people can DD a GT3 RS, Lotus Elise/Exige, and others can't DD anything short of a 7 series/S class. The GTR or the Turbo may be the fastest around a track, but will lack the fun, driver involved experience of a GT3 or GT3 RS. If the car is going to be an occasional, nice weather DD I would probably take the GT3 RS if it was an option. The GT3 vs Turbo vs GTR would be a difficult decision.