View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 01:04 PM   #1
mkt3c

My Ride: 2001 330xi
Need help with rough idle and stalling

Alright so the alternator on my 2001 330xi went out last week so I replaced it. After install I tried to start it and it would just turn over but never fire. I searched and read somewhere that if the battery is low it won't start so I charged the battery fully and it started up and then bogged down and died. After a few more tries got the same thing, fires up for a few seconds then dies. I found that if I give it gas after start up I could keep it running. The next day I tried it again and it idles rough but would run by itself. But if I rev the engine up to 3k or higher and let off it bogs down and dies when it gets back to idle. I researched some more and thought it might be the fuel pump since I have 170,000 on what seemed to be the original one. So I changed the fuel pump but it died not fix the problem. Still idles the same but dies if I rev it up and let off. I need help diagnosing this. I've searched but can't figure it out. I went back and retraced all my install steps for the alternator and don't see anything I left unplugged or disconnected. Any suggestion are appreciated. Thanks

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Bimmer App
mkt3c is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.