View Single Post
Old 01-01-2013, 03:12 PM   #37
flashmeow
Banned User

My Ride: E30-E46-E90-E90M-F30
Quote:
Originally Posted by vilseck21 View Post
I got back about a month ago, which readjusting had been a bit hard. A lot of the airforce foes 6 months, but each unit always has people that need to go back for some reason. For this deployment we had a force cap that we exceded and had to send several dozen back early into this deploymnet. It was horrible though, we would het hit daily by rockets, way way worse than my last deployment in Zhari Kandarhar. All other branches only do 3-6 month deployment due thoer how smal they are, the USMC and Airforce are just too small to have people over there for over 6 months. We moved to a 9 month rotation, we no longer get R and R wich makes the deployment seem longer, but at month 9 it feels good bro.

The guy who "knew my boss" is a tool, and had no idea wtf he was talking about.
Welcome back.

You were in Zhari? No way!!! I definitely know a lot about zhari (zharay). I was with working with USDA and PRT and the Canadians military trying to build that agriculture center next to FOB Wilson. I original came into theater with USAID working for that medical clinic out side the district center but stayed and helped out with USDA on the ag cntr. I got some pix...maybe we can share to compare how zhari has progress.

The funny thing is that as a civilian, I have more "boots on the ground" then a bunch of chairborne rangers on e46. Sitting a a fob in KAF or BAF OR even Manas doing "fire guard" duty is not a combat development.

Again, welcome back. U and I have a lot in common.

sent from my HTC EVO+ using Bimmer App

Last edited by flashmeow; 01-01-2013 at 03:13 PM.
flashmeow is offline   Reply With Quote