View Single Post
Old 01-01-2013, 10:18 PM   #12
smares21

My Ride: M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecarguy View Post
Yeah I am aware of this little pearl of wisdom. What it seems though is that you know nothing about these tires. Just because the cost is low does not mean they don't perform. If you search google, like I stated above, they have received very good reviews from the STi and EVO forums. I simply wanted to see if anyone on here had experience with them.

Here is one of the threads that had quite a bit of info and response...

http://forums.evolutionm.net/evo-tir...l-595rs-r.html
You are comparing apples to oranges. AWD cars use tires in a significantly different manner than RWD or FWD vehicles do.

Back in the day, the Evo guys used to swear by the General Exclaim UHP as a good, cheap DD tire. Tried it on my E24, was garbage. Soft sidewall, poor grip, etc. But, soft sidewall doesn't mean as much in AWD due to the power shift properties...

Go find reviews of your federals from a *more* comparable vehicle. Try Corvette, 03/04 Terminators, 05+ mustang, etc. Something somewhat similar in weight, power, and driveline config. Then, make a decision.

Last edited by smares21; 01-01-2013 at 10:19 PM.
smares21 is offline   Reply With Quote