View Single Post
Old 01-01-2013, 11:06 PM   #124
///Mvious

My Ride: E46 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinan19 View Post
Thanks bro. Its alot of work polishing a car huh? i recently started detailing as a business now so im starting to be able to use the polisher without breaking my back! I found that you gotta kinda let the weight of the PC do most of the work and not to push down so hard. I use meguiars 105/205 combo on everything and just use different pads. 105 can get a bit messy but its cuts quick and skips the bs. :p

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Bimmer App
No kidding!...fortunately I only do a 3 step like this 2X/ yr (luckily my car is garaged at home and work)...I tried the Menzerna 4000 for the first time with an orange pad and wish I went slightly more aggressive on the polish..not quite enough bite to take out some surface imperfections...but mine is TiAg so cant tell unless you're at an angle...cant beat the way the IR looks when properly detailed! Maybe I'll try the 105/205 at some point...the Porter is great...I also let its weight supply the downforce like you mentioned, but my garage with my wife's car in there as well is very cramped...makes it a bit more of a challenge...I'm jealous of the space you have to work! I've thought about starting a detail business on the side but can't decide if the $$ for the work & time is worth it...curious what you're able to charge??
///Mvious is online now   Reply With Quote