View Single Post
Old 01-01-2013, 11:15 PM   #125
dinan19

My Ride: 2004 Imola ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by RBbimmer View Post
No kidding!...fortunately I only do a 3 step like this 2X/ yr (luckily my car is garaged at home and work)...I tried the Menzerna 4000 for the first time with an orange pad and wish I went slightly more aggressive on the polish..not quite enough bite to take out some surface imperfections...but mine is TiAg so cant tell unless you're at an angle...cant beat the way the IR looks when properly detailed! Maybe I'll try the 105/205 at some point...the Porter is great...I also let its weight supply the downforce like you mentioned, but my garage with my wife's car in there as well is very cramped...makes it a bit more of a challenge...I'm jealous of the space you have to work! I've thought about starting a detail business on the side but can't decide if the $$ for the work & time is worth it...curious what you're able to charge??
All i can say is dont quit your day job yet. Im doing this slowly and building clientel because i have time since i cant drive because of my current legal situation. Right now im charging between $200-$300 for a full exterior paint correction topped with sealant and chemical guys paste wax. I dont do interior as it already takes me a full day and half a morning to do a car. I would need a helper for anything more.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Bimmer App