View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 04:42 AM   #6
LSM3

My Ride: E46 ///M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11EAS View Post
Thanks for the heads up Liam. My car is currently at 144xxx and still going strong, just doing some preventative maintenance of all crucial operating systems Just did a compression test, everything is firing fantastic. Going to do an order from ECS and do a complete refresh of the my M3's Cooling systems, Vanos, Valves done, belts, bushings as well as all my Inspection 2 servicing. Always good for peace of mind, Love my M3 - wouldn't want to see her on a tow truck... Again..
Elliot that is some SERIOUS preventative maintenance, i thought you were thinking of selling up? You must be considering keeping the M3 for a little bit?

Refresh of the cooling system is great preventative maintenance. I know the E36 M3's had cooling system issues, however knock on wood my cooling systems in both M3's have not shown signs of crapping out. My previous M3 got to 180,000km and was solid as a rock with temperatures.

What are you planning to do with your Vanos?

I had the valves adjusted at 140,000km in the PY M3, as you could hear a ticking noise from the engine bay when coasting at a constant speed with your window open. Had them checked in my IB M3 whilst doing the vanos bolts and they were all within tolerance.

Do you often buy from ECS? I usually buy all my parts from TurnerMotorsport... What do you like about ECS?

2006 CS M3 | ESS Tune : CSL SMG tune : Eisenmann Race : Eibach : Tekarbon
LSM3 is offline   Reply With Quote