View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 08:44 AM   #7
11EAS

My Ride: M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSM3 View Post
Elliot that is some SERIOUS preventative maintenance, i thought you were thinking of selling up? You must be considering keeping the M3 for a little bit?

Refresh of the cooling system is great preventative maintenance. I know the E36 M3's had cooling system issues, however knock on wood my cooling systems in both M3's have not shown signs of crapping out. My previous M3 got to 180,000km and was solid as a rock with temperatures.

What are you planning to do with your Vanos?

I had the valves adjusted at 140,000km in the PY M3, as you could hear a ticking noise from the engine bay when coasting at a constant speed with your window open. Had them checked in my IB M3 whilst doing the vanos bolts and they were all within tolerance.

Do you often buy from ECS? I usually buy all my parts from TurnerMotorsport... What do you like about ECS?
Haha yeah Liam, I know.. Some serious preventive maintenance but necessary I think seeing as my KM's are climbing up! Yes, I was going to sell and pick up another car or a Harley V-rod but I decided it was best to keep my M3 as I think I will definitely regret it if I was to go through with it. So I'm going to keep it and all this extra preventative maintenance is the first step in making sure I have my M3 healthy for a long time!

Just preventative things with the Vanos, ordering the Vanos filter kit to replace everything. I haven't had my valves checked since last major service so figured I'd make sure it was all good to go while I'm getting all the other major work done too!

I've never bought from ECS or Turner. Declan orders a lot from ECS so good enough for me! I do have to do some orders from Turner though for things like TMS Subframe plates because I'm going to get that all reinforced properly as well. I've already got everything priced up from ECS but maybe I'll take a look at turner and just get everything from there..

'04 JB/IR M3
11EAS is offline   Reply With Quote