View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 06:14 AM   #26
dmax

My Ride: '99 328i 1.04646 mu
I've read a lot about brakes and concluded that no one I'd read a post from with some other pad ever said it was better than OE. I've read many 'almost as good as OE with less dusting' and then I stop reading them!

If you drive in the rain and snow, heat and cold, rarely track, but like your car to stop...it's a bmw. Hmmm? What kind of brakes should a bmw have? Textar and blanks (I think I got Balo)...after 60K miles on a complete 4 corners (pads and rotors), I only needed to replace my front pads. I'm still here, and I didn't hit those deer that ran in front of me...though I did get rear ended by an Asian woman in a minivan 3 secs. after I stopped!

If you use OE brakes, make sure you remember how close cars are behind you...the brakes might be too good to use in some circumstances!

I'll tap my brake pedal a few times if I see traffic slowing in front of me...since I have a manual, many don't realize that cars can slow without using the brakes...so I give those behind me a little heads up.

Drive safely folks!

Performing at the Comedy Cove--595 Morris Ave. Springfield NJ reservations 973 376-3840

A recent set

dmax on the radio every Wednesday 7-9 p.m. NYC time. Call in! (661) 449-9340 watsonnwatson.com
dmax is offline   Reply With Quote