View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 01:22 PM   #8
raptorman5174

My Ride: 330i ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by raptorman5174 View Post
I have these four codes on my car now with a check engine light and an EML. Car currently wont run

p1580
p0120
p0340
p0601

All these codes are pointing to the throttle position sensor and the throttle body with the p0340 pointing at my intake CPS. Looks like in my case I have to replace the entire throttle body but you may want to look here first.
UPDATE

After reading a bunch of posts that said to pull your Throttle Body clean it and re-install I decided that purchasing another throttle body would be the way to go. The reason for this is that when i did my CCV a year ago I cleaned it very well with TB spray and my ICV so I know it's not dirty. I found a good used unit on ebay for about $160 and replaced my old one. Before I did my replacement I disconnected my negative battery terminal. After the replacement the car started right up and my CEL and EML lights went out and so far I haven't had any issues return and my car is running very well.

Chalk it up once again to another E46Fanatics Fix for my car. I can't even begin to tell you you guys how much money this web site has saved me in the 6 years i have owned my car.

18 VMR CSL's
Koni FSD's
Eibach Sport Spring's
UUC Power Pullies
raptorman5174 is offline   Reply With Quote