View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 04:38 PM   #82
Big Rick

My Ride: 325Xi
I was out on the road today and passed by a BMW dealership... Northwest BMW in Reisterstown, MD. I looked up the part number and saw I could order it from GetBMWParts.com for $52.... SO I gave the dealer parts guy the part number... He came back at $85... I told him about the $52 price. He came down to $65 quickly... I went ahead and bought it.

One word of advice. I thought I had a puller (which I probably needed) small enough to do the job. But mine was too big... So I started prying the arm up gently with a wooden mallet handle as the fulcrum. The Driver's side popped up slowly and I was close enough to catch everything. HOwever... The passenger side popped off and landed in the middle of the engine bay... Dropping the center piuece of the wiper holder somewhere in the engine bay. I could hear it "tink-tink-tink" down the engine. I thought it would end up on the bottom tray cover but it didn't... So I lost that little piece. Lesson learned.... Take the nut off and either have a good set of hands or throw a small piece of duct tape over the tope to catch the center part.

Overall, hunting for the missing part notwithstanding, the swap was very quick and took about 10 minutes. It makes the car look much newer... Except for the wiper in my back seat... I have to hit a BMW dealership tomorrow for the missing part!

Last edited by Big Rick; 01-03-2013 at 04:39 PM.
Big Rick is offline   Reply With Quote