Thread: Radiator advice
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 09:02 PM   #7
gferrer

My Ride: '91 318is/ '03 325xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomoyer View Post
Believe you stated that you replaced the coolant tank and hoses. As silly as this seems, are you 100% sure that you seated both parts of the upper radiator hose completely to the new tank? Did you replace the tank mount at same time you replaced the tank (usually a good idea to replace both as a unit)? Recently I used a JL coolant tank for replacement and it had a hairline crack in it where the smaller hose (overflow) of the upper radiator hose went on. Had to replace the tank again (tank was under warranty), but I opted to pay the few dollars more to use a BMW original tank, no problem after doing that. Also make sure you seated all hoses correctly, you can use some light grease or dishwashing detergent and water as a lube on the plastic fittings to help push them on all the way without hurting anything.
I haven't replaced the expansion tank and hoses yet that is what I'm going to do. Thanks for the info, I should probably order OEM as well.

How crucial is it to replace the tank mount? I didn't think it would be worrysome if it wasn't broken. Thanks for the help.

Last edited by gferrer; 01-03-2013 at 09:07 PM.
gferrer is offline   Reply With Quote