View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 10:06 AM   #4
Mango
Over 15,000 visitors

My Ride: M54B30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mesa3077Boogie View Post
Thanks for your advice. I realize that there are many many "OE Fitment" brake pads out there, I have been through about 3 sets and have never actually owned and OEM set of rotors and pads on this car.

When I drove my buddy's X3 or 740 or when I drove new/used BMW's on a car lot, they all had that same distinct feel which is undoubtedly OEM BMW pad/rotor compounds.

*Mango, are you saying that textar is the only BMW OEM compound? Or are the others you listed the same formula as well?

*Any words on TRW and Lucas in specific?

*Lastly, the sales rep at a local shop "Bimmers R Us" claims that BMW OEM Factory rotors are a softer compound as well as BMW OEM Factory pads, and that is what gives BMW braking that specific feel. I have not confirmed this claim and have brought it up here on the forums before. Any words on this claim?

Thanks bros!
I highly doubt that the OE (not OEM) BMW pads or rotors are "softer" or assist in any kind of feel. Of course, I could be wrong about that. The BMW compound is simply a good compromise between cold bite, fade resistance, and noise suppression.

Textar, to my knowledge, is the only true OEM pad (pads without the roundel but identical) for the 330. Not sure about the 325. I think DMAX says Textar makes them for his 328 so probably.

Like I said stick with the big names and you'll be fine. I am using Brembo rotors, ATE pads front, Textar pads rear. (My front Textars squealed so Patrick at BMA exchanged them for the ATEs for me and they've performed perfectly since, even at the track)

OVER A MILLION VIEWS
Mango is offline   Reply With Quote