View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 11:49 AM   #10
JokerElite

My Ride: '95 M3, '04 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by E46Mango View Post
No. it's the FCABs. that's textbook FCABs. raise the car and turn the wheel all the way to one side (either side is fine) then shake the wheel with your hand. Can you see the control arm move within its control arm bushing bracket?
Will try this. Any other ways of telling it's the FCABs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayPooley View Post
If you ignore FCABs and other steering alignment issues then you are looking at unequal traction between pads and disc on both each side ie: the right caliper is gripping or engaging before the left one. Since that is the caliper you have replaced it is likely that the new caliper is acting more efficiently than the old one on the opposite side. This is why you should really replace both sides when you replace either pads, discs or calipers. Other possibilities? Air in left caliper pipe? Contaminated pads on left affecting traction? Uneven pad thickness on either side? You should bleed the system again for sure. Both sides not just the passenger side. Open both bleed screws at the same time. But sounds to me like you need to take a look at the efficiency of the remaining caliper with view to replacing that one as well.
Do calipers/brakes normally become less efficient/effective over time? I guess a rebuilt one is different than one that doesn't show any problems?

1995 BMW M3 - Avus Blue - 3.2L S52 Engine | 2004 BMW M3 - Jet Black - 3.2L S54 Engine

Last edited by JokerElite; 01-05-2013 at 11:50 AM.
JokerElite is offline   Reply With Quote