Thread: bad idling
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 06:01 PM   #8
rodsfromday

My Ride: 323CI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris M View Post
Hi Vusa,

You can get the book from www.haynes.co.uk by ordering online or get it through your local bookshop. The book details are as follows: Haynes Service and Repair Manual, BMW 3-Series Sept 1998 to 2003 - Petrol. The ISBN number which is essential for ordering from your bookshop is ISBN 1 84425 067 9. The models covered by the book are the E46 BMW 3 Series with 4 and 6 cylinder petrol engines, which include the 316i, 318i, 323i, 325i, 328i and 330i. In the 4 cylinder models the 1.8 litre (1796cc), 1.9 litre (1895cc) and 2.0 litre (1995cc) engines are covered, including Valvetronic engines.

I have the 2.0 litre model.

With your engineering background most of the tasks and jobs in the book should be within your reach.

I wish you a happy, safe and prosperous 2013 and many kilometres of enjoyable driving in your BM.

And yes, Rod is right. You live in a beautiful country. I spent a year living in a tented camp near Maun when I was a boy and it was paradise. I remember all too well frogs as big as chickens - and tasting quite sweet! My heart belongs to that part of Africa. If they find a snake here in New Zealand it gets onto the national news. My wife laughed at me last week when I called her to come out to look at a Cape Turtle Dove - probably an unwelcome immigrant like me.

Chris M
So Chris, u from RSA originally or what? I was there in the late 90's for work and was smitten with the place. Gabarone was just this vibrant city. I tried for years too get a job over there but no luck.
Whereabouts in NZ are you from? NZ was actually my first port of call but i couldnt get a job there from RSA so i came to Aus instead.

Vusa keep pushing ahead with the beemer, they are great cars!!

German Engineering at its best
rodsfromday is offline   Reply With Quote