View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 07:19 PM   #32
Serbonze
Master of his domain.

My Ride: My wife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom5933 View Post
I'm actually living in New Orleans right now. I really need to update my location on my profile ha.

Here's my proposed build. Everything pretty much decided on except for the rail and optic.

Lower Noveske N4
Upper Noveske N4
Lower Parts Kit White Oak Armament LPK - Less Trigger $40.30
Trigger Geissele Super Semi-Auto Enhanced Trigger $240.00
Bolt Carrier Group BCM BCG (MPI) $159.00
Buffer Tube BCM Milspec Receiver Extension $36.95
Carbine Buffer H2 Carbin Buffer $29.95
Grip BCM Gunfighter's Grip Mod 1 $29.95
Spring Sprinco "Blue" Power Buffer Spring $19.95
Charging Handle Rainier Arms Raptor Ambidextrous Charging Handle $85.45
Barrel Noveske N4 Light 5.56MM Barrel - 16 LP $450.00
End Plate Noveske QD End Plate $24.00
Muzzle Brake SureFire SFMB-556-1/2-28 $149.00
Safety Selector Battle Arms Development BAD-CASS-SA Combat Ambi Safety Selector $70.00
Stock Magpul UBR Black $260.00
BUIS Troy Noveske Battlesights Front and Rear $200.00

Rail TBD
Optics TBD

The build follows closely what Adam posted up for me. As I did more and more research, found that I would have chosen many of the same parts anyway haha. Let me know what you guys think!

Also for optics, I am trying to decide between EOTech, Aimpoint, or Trijicon. Not sure what the move is with these.
Looks good. The only other suggestion that I have is to start with a standard carbine spring (or Sprinco White) and a Carbine or H Buffer. It's a mid-length gas system and that barrel has the switchblock installed on it already. The blue spring and H2 buffer are unecessary for that setup. If you were building an SBR without the switchblock, that's where I would start though.

Aimpoint and Eotech are the most popular. It will boil down to your preference. I've tried both, and my eyes prefer the reticle of the Eotech so now only use those. I have no long term experience with the Trijicon ACOG or RMR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentaruu View Post
i know he lives in NO but i live in NY. im pretty sure if its just the barrel or you are fine, but once it is on the gun (attached to the lower reciever) it would be against the law.
Good to know, thanks!