View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 10:28 PM   #1
johnrando

My Ride: '06 330 CIC ZHP
SMG Shift Paddle Mod on STEP done plus other mods

I did the SMG shift paddle mod today with a friend, bought one from a guy who already had it done but was selling. That, along with the Dinan STEP s/w has really changed the fun factor in driving my car... it shifts faster, it's a blast, and it's kinda cool. I'll likely change out the paddles for something better. I miss my perforated leather wheel but the fun outweighs the form. I might get it re-wrapped in the future.

While in there, we (a friend did all the work) did a couple more mods:
1) individual windows auto-up/auto-down that another friend of my figured out how to do. You basically break the plastic ridge that keeps the buttons from doing the 2nd part of the double push like the drivers window, then code for it. It's a vert only mod.
2) moved my Parrot Bluetooth mic to where the OEM mic was on the steering column by removing/cutting/splicing/replacing.
3) coded my top for keyfob close. As you know, holding the key fob "unlock" opens the top remotely, but you have to code to get the reverse holding the "lock" keyfob button.

Here's a poor cell phone pic right after the work was done.

These were all relatively quick "while your in there" mods that are small, somewhat free (not the paddle shift one), but make the car easier, more usable, and fun. I highly recommend the paddle shifts if you're considering it.

ZHP, Cold Weather Pkg., Leather, Jet Black/Black/Black Cube, NAV
AA Tune, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf. Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan STEP S/W & TB, TMS Pulleys, H&R Touring Cup Kit
DICE Ipod, Parrot/Connects2 Bluetooth, StealthOne Valentine Module, Hardwired V1
BMW Perf. Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan delete

Last edited by johnrando; 01-06-2013 at 10:30 PM.
johnrando is online now   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.