View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 01:16 AM   #20
Reedo302

My Ride: F30 328i M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by peytonracer4 View Post
What's the difference between pre and post ban mags? I thought the ban just affected mag size and attachments. I figured all pre and post ban 30 rounders would be the same.
Please educate me.
The only pre-ban mags are the ones that were built before the 1994 AWB. All mags built from 1994-2004 are "post-ban". All built after the sunset of the AWB in 2004 are just normal mags. If there is a ban, mags manufactured before the ban starts will all qualify as pre-ban status.
However, there are certain states where you can't even have pre-ban mags. My understanding is that they're trying to do this with the whole country where EVERY mag would be limited to 10rds, and there would not be any allowance for pre-ban exemption.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peytonracer4 View Post
Aren't glocks typically in the $600-$700 range anyway?
Not usually. They're normally in the $500-$600 range, depending on configuration. $600-$700 is the current "frenzy markup", and I'm surprised it's not more. Of course, for a handgun that's probably them tacking on more money for the "high capacity" mags in the box. They won't say that publicly though.

Gunfighter Training Development and Evaluation
AR15/AR10 Armorer/Advanced Armorer
Glock Armorer

Gunfighter Training YouTube Channel
Reedo302 is offline   Reply With Quote