View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 06:04 AM   #40
robolop

My Ride: 323ci
Everything I made for in the back of this Polo thus far, is removed from the trunk now. So I can give the trunk a good clean now.

The meaning now is to rebuild everything the install, outside of the trunk. But there's a lot of work to be done first.
Some of the iron, aluminium I used, will be sanded off, and sprayed black.
The wooden box, which holds all of the components, will be glued together. The aluminium on the bottom will be glued tight with TEC7.
I was planning on making a carbon plate for it, but where I'm working now, it's too moist, and I'm afraid it won't be perfect...So I'll have to come up with something else.
I also need to mill some other sloths in the bottom of the box, where the cables are.
These sloths go towards the sides, but if I look at it now, I just haven't got space to place my cables there. Pretty stupid of me, I should have known.

Everything is ready to be covered in skai-leather, but I just can't. Because it's a daily car, we'll have to use the trunk to place all our purchases in.
This means, when I buy some wood (or whatever), I have to put it there. It's not possible to always put a blanket in there, being scared of scratchin' it a little.
The best thing I can do is to cover it in to find the same piece of cloth the trunk is made of, and cover it in that.
Offcourse, that will look like SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT, but then again, maybe I should have left it like it was.

Sometimes women are right...SOMETIMES I said

I'll sleep another night on it, before I open a bottle of glue.