View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 11:09 AM   #1
Teddy7

My Ride: slides
5 speed swap in the works

I am in the process of picking up a 5 speed complete swap kit from a 2000 323 convertible to put in my 325i. The kit has 130k and includes everything except a shift nob. This is: driveshaft, trans, clutch, flywheel, pedal assembly, clutch assembly, every nut and bolt. My auto trans is fine at the moment, but my plans are to have this trans sitting and ready to go whenever the auto decides to finally give out. It's my ultimate preventative maintenance investment thus far . I'll be replacing the trans mount bushings, guibo, and CSB, clutch, flywheel (what else? keep reading >). I just want some advice and guidance in certain areas. I am well versed on the mechanical aspects of the swap (although I would like more info on how to replace the clutch/flywheel), but still a little unclear about the electrical components. I am coming from a GM auto trans (which I heard is easier?) something about being able to jump pins? Would I be able to theoretically turn on my car and drive around with no reprogramming? Also which specific parts are good to get for the shift linkage? I know this last question is heavily opinionated, but which clutch/flywheel combo do you recommend? At this point in time, I am looking at going with the F1 Gripforce Stage II clutch/flywheel combo. Please post your combos with your personal opinions regarding your replacements. I.e. Durability, Quality, Feel, Noise, Recommendations, etc.

Last edited by Teddy7; 01-07-2013 at 11:10 AM.
Teddy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.