View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 10:53 AM   #2391
Reedo302

My Ride: F30 328i M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI View Post
Anyone know what would be involved to take my DDM4V2 and turn it into the short barrel mk18? Or is that just nonsense idea?
The 10.3" and 10.5" barrel lengths used on the Mk18s are the most problematic and finicky setups of any DI AR configuration. If they're built right, they will run fine. The problem is that the gas port diameter must match the barrel length. The last thing you want to be doing is chopping down a barrel to get a Mk18 setup, because it will cause problems.
Don't chop the barrel down. Instead, pick up a specific Mk18 barrel and Mk18 rail like the 9.5" Mk18 RIS II.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI View Post
hahahah screeeewww that. Not worth it

One other question. Can I remove the sights on my DD V2 altogether and just run a red dot scope?
You can, but it's not recommended. If they are bothering you, swap them out with a set of folding sights.
If you are running an EOTech, keep the BUIS on the rifle. EOTechs have poor battery life and I've seen several go down on the range. Running without BUIS on a red dot is not recommended, but with a sight with a longer battery life, like an Aimpoint or a Trijicon SRS, you can get away with it.
If you're just going to the range for a little bit, it doesn't really matter so long as you bring extra batteries. Just bring the sights so that you have something to use if the optic takes a dump.

Gunfighter Training Development and Evaluation
AR15/AR10 Armorer/Advanced Armorer
Glock Armorer

Gunfighter Training YouTube Channel

Last edited by Reedo302; 01-07-2013 at 10:54 AM.
Reedo302 is offline   Reply With Quote