Thread: M56 sulev info
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 09:28 PM   #11
chillinhardinanE46

My Ride: 2003 325i
Thanks for the post and information guys.

I think I have found the problem!

briangl92: Thanks for that information I will print this out and take it with me. I recently rolled the dice with BMW...
Took the car in for code P0430 and they said CATS were good. I told my buddy jokingly that they would say its an airleak when i dropped it off. When i picked it up they stated it must be an air leak after the MAF or a faulty MAF. So I got charged lol.

Tech4tech: THANK YOU. This is exactly what I have been looking for. I dont know why i couldnt find that posting earlier. I swear i tried searching. I checked out the picture as you mentioned and guess what!! I found oil where you said to check.

Look at this picture attached. I took this before I left work.. car was sitting minimum of 4 hours.

After I saw this I didnt wanna drive my car anymore after what I read in the other post you linked.

So am I dealing with a failing CCV here guys? Im assuming yes but would like to confirm.
Also if I go back to the dealer and tell them what I found, what is the likelyhood that they will admit or say that the CCV is at fault? Is the oil in the hole a definite sign of a failing CCV or can something else lead to this?

I will be taking the picture and the TIS document with me. I will probably have to wait until wednsday.

BTW i appreciate your guys help.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pCCV hoto.JPG
Views:	116
Size:	88.8 KB
ID:	485085  
chillinhardinanE46 is offline   Reply With Quote