View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 01:15 PM   #115
My Ride: 2003 M3
Originally Posted by dmax View Post
What you're seeing in my 'over reaction' is the effect of my knowing the risks and loving my son.

But, based on your post, I think I need to react less and hopefully have a son that stays off them fun as they are.
Just keep in mind there are risks with everything that he does. Including driving a car.

It took me a long time to convince my parents I had enough self control for anything more than 200hp. Their counter-arguement of course was "why do you need it?"...took a while to think of something good to respond with other than "so I can keep up with my friends".

But like I said, I would just comfort him on a bike and help him as much as you can. Because I really doubt that he'll stay off a bike forever. You may as well be around and watch/help him get his first few rides in, make sure he knows what he's doing, offer to pay for safety school/equipment (gloves, jacket, helmet...make sure he's not one of this kids in t-shirts and shorts). Maybe even convince him to take part in a bike forum, there are plenty of those and most of them preach to safe riding as much as Mango preaches to coolant overhauls on here.

Eibach | Sportline | OEM Euro Headers | TTFS

Last edited by PH03NIX46; 01-08-2013 at 01:16 PM.
PH03NIX46 is offline   Reply With Quote