View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 01:16 PM   #116
chris10492

My Ride: 14 Camaro 06 R1
I agree with you Dmax, bikes are dangerous. That being said, ive been riding for 4 years now. I started when I was 16 years old. My parents never wanted me on one, but eventually they bought me one. Both of my parents used to ride when they lived in Dominican Republic....and have gone down. So they know the risks. They told me aboit the risks. Ive seen hundreds of videos of bikers getting in pretty serious accidents. I know what I got myself into. And I accepted the danger risks of being a biker. Im 20 years old & went down on my first bike at 17 years old. I broke my collar bone(thank god im alive). While healing I managed to fix my bike and get back on after about a month of healing. You have to face your fears. I wasnt letting thg at accident destroy my love for riding. Maybe if the accident was worse, I might have stopped riding.

Your son has to know about all of the factors/dangers that could happen while riding. He has to think about what he'll do if he gets hurt and cant work, pay bills, attend classes, etc. I know myself I will be screwed if I get hurt. I have too many bills to pay lol.

But I.do agree with the safety course. I took that as well and learned alot! & they lower your insurance with the certification.

Im sure he's a smart kid, tell him to do his research. If not now, he'll eventually get one.

Sent from my SPH-M820-BST using Bimmer App
chris10492 is offline   Reply With Quote