View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 01:36 PM   #23
DonaldE

My Ride: 2002 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by E46Mango View Post
That's a common statement but if you look at people giving solid advice that is commonly accepted, you'll notice they've been here a while. This forum has a sh!t ton of activity and we see every problem come and go. Newcomers come on here all the time with info/news on what they did to their car and we've seen it all. We know what works and what doesn't, what's cost-efficient and what isn't. Rebuilding the DISA is borderline but consensus is just replace it with a new one. believe me, we have plenty of tinkerers on here, including myself. there's just some things not worth tinkering with.

If you search, you'll see why people prefer new ones to rebuilding it. I haven't looked into it much cause honestly i don't care. It's like rebuilding a window regulator.. i'm sure you could do it for pennies.. but why bother?
I don't see how spending more money for a worse product is sound advice. I saw no mention of how great this kit was, so I shared. Your window regulator analogy is frivolous. I improved my DISA rather than simply replacing

2002 BMW 330i

Jet Black 2002 BMW 330i
Tan Leather Interior
OEM Style 71s
Dropped on Koni/Vogtland
Loaded

DonaldE
DonaldE is online now   Reply With Quote