View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 12:18 AM   #1
seigi009

My Ride: 03 325i
How can I tell if my new water pump is working properly?

So, I just replaced my water pump (graf), water pump pulley (uro aluminum), idler pulley and belt. After replacing coolant (BMW 50/50 w/ distilled) and bleeding, I started her up and heard/felt a bump coming from the engine. It got me thinking that maybe something happened to the water pump but I can't tell if it is working. I took it for a 10mile test drive and the temp needle never strayed from the middle and my heat works perfectly.

I was told that if you see a small stream of water running into the expansion tank then your pump is good. Well, my old pump stopped making the stream of water into the expansion tank so I replaced it with the Graf one with a metal impeller but I still don't see a stream either when the car is cold or warm. Do I have some clog somewhere?

I am at 120k and my expansion tank is original (replacing next month) and so are my upper and lower hoses. Thermostat was replaced last year.

I searched high and low for an answer before posting this so any help would be most appreciated. Thank you.
seigi009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.