View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 11:21 AM   #40
|2eckLesS

My Ride: 2004 330ci
Here is a post from a week or two ago that might be able to help. If you need more logging let me know

Quote:
Originally Posted by |2eckLesS View Post
Before I begin this thread, I realize that all of what is about to be explained can be done with out the equipment used and would have been able to be accomplished with simple common sense. This is more of a shout out to JR at bimmersoftware.com

With that being said on December 8 I noticed that my 330ci was not blowing heat like I should be and the coolant temp was running low, averaging 21.9 MPG which is 50/50 highway city (no CEL thrown). As soon as I noticed this I started doing some research on options for diagnostics and data logging. I know this is kinda over the top for the tstat going out, but I figured this was a great way to get to know more about the car.

I had a day off this week and replaced the Tstat. 2004, 78K ZHP. Entire cooling system is going to be done this spring. Vanos, Plugs, and fuel pump are going to be first. After the new Tstat my MPG went up to 26.9 and same 50/50 (over 200 miles) and everything appears back to normal.

Just in case anyone was on the fence for this software, highly recommended because it is cheap, easy and strait forward, but gives you plenty of data to look at. (plenty more options to graph and 59.00 invested) Below is the before and after data log run. If you have any questions let me know. Hope this can help someone in the future.

|2eckLesS is offline   Reply With Quote