View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 09:31 PM   #15
Alex323Ci

My Ride: M3 & 323Ci (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemy330ci View Post
it has come to my attention that my 01 330ci, rides like crap compared to my girlfriends 00 323i.
..my car just does not feel nearly as tight and stable as the 323, i drove her car for a few hours and damn what a huge difference. what i love most about her car is the steering. its very stiff and tight, you can notice a huge difference when driving at high speeds, or even just taking a decent turn. My 330ci on the other hand handles like SH*T. iv replaced the control arms and bushings, and did a few things in the rear as well. its very overwhelming to drive my car on the highway i feel like my steering wheel is very lose and that there is alot of play in the steering. i have to constantly try and keep the car from swaying from left to right. it doesnt feel as if i am fighting the car to stay in lane but it does feel like its way to lose. on the other hand, her rear end also feels alot more tight and stable, while mine feels well. buick-ish.
im sure she appreciates you feel that way

back to car. sounds very much like the 2001 over-boosted steering feel that owners complained about compared to the 2000 models. you can find more details of this in the FAQ tab on the top of the forum's menu.

before doing that you can replace the "steering guibo/coupler". this may help, if it doesn't you don't have to worry as you should replace it anyways with a steering rack/tie rod replacement.