View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 09:41 PM   #16
Alex323Ci

My Ride: M3 & 323Ci (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaki82 View Post
I have an 01 BMW325 CI and im suffering from the same problems: lit play and some pushing to the left I believe its a common problem on those models. I got sophisticated arm controls and bushing cuz suspension was a nightmare in my car ( changed 3 times on 4 years) but the play is still in there. not sure whats going on. I took it to my ex shop and they said my steering rack, tie rods inner and outer are bad and the estimation was more than 1200$ so Im just dealing with it right now some people in here suggested problems in the steering coupler but not pretty sure.
sounds like your shop diagnosed correct. but you can buy a replacement rack from rebuilders for about $250. The tie rods, shop around. labor and alignment gonna cost a few hundred if you have done. so you're probably around $800-$950 total if you have done.