Thread: lance armstrong
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 02:20 AM   #126
peytonracer4
:D

My Ride: '00 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcelratr View Post
I don't have a problem with PED usage. But I do have a problem with lying and cheating. The dishonesty required to accept prize money, winnings, endorsement deals, adulation, and and and, all of which are earned by cheating and lying, that's what bothers me.

I'm not a huge cycling fan. I pay a little attention to TdF and TofCA because I ride, and I enjoy seeing what non-out-shape riders can do.

But I like a lot of forms of racing, and one of the main reasons for that is the purity of the competiton in a race. No matter what color you are, or how pretty, or how rich, or who you know, if you're fast, you win. If you're not, you don't. The stopwatch is the judge, and it don't lie.

I'm not naive enough to think that there's no subjectivity, no bias, no impurity in various forms of racing. But when I think about the guys that race clean and "lose" to guys that cheat, it bugs me.

So anyway, if USADA is correct, I am interested to hear what Lance has to say after dropping his fight against them.

you realize that his use was not banned while he participated and that him, and many others, used at that point in time.
only later did bans come into affect. after lance had stopped riding.
then they decided to come after him and no one else. just for publicity. that's how things work

so imagine you play a sport and you drink gatorade to help you. or whatever, that's the only think i can think of.
you retire in 2010 and in 2011 gatorade is banned.
then they come after you. pretty stupid eh?

Last edited by peytonracer4; 01-10-2013 at 02:22 AM.
peytonracer4 is offline   Reply With Quote