View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 03:19 PM   #16050
hizhinezz
Outlier

My Ride: 01 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkodama View Post
Race cars use carbon fiber to save weight, and paint over it... why are you using fake carbon fiber vinyl to add weight. WHY MATT, WHY!!!
On roof and trunk it was to hide scratches from having branches fall on my car during autumn New England storm. Could almost buff them out but not quite, plus I thought it would flow better with the cf hood and make it look a little different, I've had a lot of compliments but given from the kind of admirers you might not pursue (dayum that looks dope etc.) but I think Don Ns job was top notch lets just face it you guys do not like a lot of mods; I do not court the FnF crowd but I am modding for both performance purposes and to customize a bit to be uniquely mine. I mean... Bilstein, BBS, Dinan, UUC, ACS, ECS, BavAutowerkes, Turner... It's not like I'm covering the car in APC stickers and fake performance parts...

As for the interior trim, I simply do not dig the myrtle wood over tan, feels very Lexus to me. Much prefer Eurosport looks... Now that I've sourced a black interior, need to find something to replace wood and have two extra sets of cube trim. I guess I'll wrap one and paint the other (blue? Silver?) and see which one I like best. Ill keep oem set of wood to reinstall at some point and sell whichever set I don't want...

Do you reay like wood over black, or even tan? Doesn't shout sporty to me...