View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 08:55 AM   #10
WDE46

My Ride: 2004 330Ci OBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AC Yate View Post
My brake pad sensor went on a few weeks ago so I'm trying to get an idea on how much it's going to cost to replace them. Last time I paid $730 for new pads and rotors. Looking back at some past threads, I think I paid too much. Anyway, I'm going to be getting rid of the car next year so I need the lowest cost replacement. I'm assuming I won't be needing new rotors since the light just went on and probably on have about under 200 miles since the warning light went on. Can someone give me a rough idea on the cost? I don't have the tools or garage to do a DIY, so I'll have to take it to a mechanic. Last time they charged $240 for labor (brakes and rotor). Thanks.
I bought Zimmerman rotors and ATE pads from BMAParts.com for about $300 total. Labor shouldn't be more than 2 hours. I can do the job myself in about that time and I don't get to use a lift like the mechanic will. It should be $500 total for the job I would guess. I should note that there isn't anything "BMW special" about our brakes, so it's a very easy DIY if you have a jack and stands, but you already said you don't.

Oh and if you replaced the rotors last time, then you don't need to get new ones. Just do the pads and have the rotors turned on a lathe if they are uneven.

Last edited by WDE46; 01-11-2013 at 08:56 AM.
WDE46 is offline   Reply With Quote